First Class Heavy Equipment Technician / Mechanic
Summary: This position requires the level of knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose and repair on Hyster, Taylors and other major brand cargo handling equipment. This individual must have the ability to effectively work and communicate with co-workers and customers. Requirements include daily safety inspections, minimal reworks, and maintaining production standards. Particular attention will be on timeliness and quality of repairs.
Qualifications for Mechanic:
- Must complete Background Check, Drug Screen and Motor Vehicle Records Check
- Demonstrated experience in hydraulic systems, reading schematic’s, trouble shooting, pumps, valves, cylinders and accumulators.
- Experience in repair and overhaul on engines, transmissions, final and planetary drives.
- Must have experience and knowledge in multiple voltage systems, ability to read Electrical schematics, use of testing equipment, computers and complete any and all necessary repairs including the safety warning systems.
- Have knowledge and experience to work on the Computer controlled engines. Cat, Cummings, Detroit, Perkins and other different types of equipment.
- Excellent communication skills. Bring demonstrated abilities of building solid relationships with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
- 10+ Years’ experience in repair and maintenance on Heavy Duty Cargo Handling Equipment
- Commercial Driver’s License and ASE Certifications highly preferred, but NOT required. Will be a condition of employment once hired on.
- Must work with other always using the companies Safe work practices.
- Must be willing to work overtime hours as needed including weekends and Holidays.
Fleet Information: Forklifts, container handlers and other cargo handling equipment.
Schedule for Mechanics: Monday – Friday; 7:00am – 4:00pm