Primarily responsible for processing and generating weekly stevedore payroll.
- Collects all timesheets and paper work for each day and distributes them to various personnel for processing.
- Assigns job numbers.
- Extends and codes time sheets and inputs them into payroll system.
- Transmits employee payroll deductions (401k, garnishments, child support, insurance) to payroll company.
- Generates all payroll reports.
- Prepares payroll checks for distribution.
- Prepares AP vouchers for manual checks when necessary.
- Transmits ACH file to First Hawaiian Bank.
- Prepares weekly listing of union dues for ILWU.
- Processes stevedore employment verifications.
- Cross checks total hours on operations with payroll detail listing.
- Handles payroll inquiries from employees.
- Learns new software as directed by Manager or President.
- Responsible for keeping area safe and reporting any safety hazards to Safety Director.
- Normal working hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4 pm.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or Accounting Certificate required
- Experience with Excel, Microsoft Work, and accounting software
- Three to five years accounting experience
- Detail oriented
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to prioritize work
How can we help you?
Click the button to submit a bid request and learn more about how we can get your job done.